Tutorial 1: NOMAD Repository and Archive
Sharing, Publishing, and Managing Computational Materials Science Data with NOMAD
Time: October 6-7, 2020
NOMAD Developer: Markus Scheidgen
The main focus of this first tutorial is the FAIR sharing of materials science data and how to do it with NOMAD. We will be covering the publication of new data and the exploration and download from NOMAD’s existing data; both through our browser-based interface and API. In future tutorials, we will also cover data analysis, materials discovery, and adding support for new types of data and metadata.
In this virtual tutorial, you will learn how to publish data, this includes:
- preparing data uploads,
- performing uploads,
- supervising how NOMAD processes your data,
- how to add additional metadata, curate datasets,
- how to acquire a DOI for your data.
Furthermore, we will
- explore NOMAD’s extensive metadata and use it to create complex searches with our graphical interface, powerful interactive search bar, and the Optimade filter language;
- explore how NOMAD presents data in its raw (Repository) and its processed normalized form (Archive).
- look at various options to use NOMAD’s API to automate data exploration and download.
- introduce NOMAD’s Python package to programmatically access NOMAD’s data or to use NOMAD’s data processing locally.
This virtual NOMAD tutorial takes place on two days.
Day 1: October 6, 2020
On day one, all materials including the tutorial videos, written exercises, and example data will be made available on this website.
The participants will then watch the videos with instructions and tasks and work on the exercises independently.
The NOMAD zoom meeting room will be open to every participant. There the participants can communicate with each other can exchange information independently. Every registered participant will receive the access data to the zoom room shortly before the start of the event.
Day 2: October 7, 2020
On the second day, the live Q&A session with NOMAD developers will be the main focus.
- 09:00 - 12:00 CEST
- 14:00 - 19:00 CEST
the NOMAD developers will answer questions and provide assistance in the NOMAD zoom meeting room.
preliminary schedule (August 20, 2020)
All tutorial videos will be made available to registered participants shortly before the start of Tutorial 1.
To participate in the NOMAD Tutorial #1 (October 6-7, 2020) by Markus Scheidgen, you have to register here: Registration.